Colonial Lodge Retirement Community offers a variety of employment opportunities serving seniors in personal care and independent living. Colonial Lodge is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive wages and benefit package including: Health Insurance, Prescription Coverage, AFLAC, Paid Time Off, Paid Training, Funeral Leave Pay. We’ve included our application for employment here. You can fax or mail the completed form to us.
Volunteer to help!
Colonial Lodge Retirement Community residents appreciate the companionship of volunteers throughout the year. If you’d like to volunteer, please provide to us the information on this volunteer form. You can fax or mail the completed form to us.
You won’t need to worry about planning what you’re going to do. Just spending some time with them, talking, reading books out loud, or playing a game will be an enjoyable experience for them. Many resident seniors are wheel-chair bound, or have some difficulty walking. Your assistance is not only practical, but it also provides an opportunity to connect with each other on a more personal level. Getting to know someone as well as building friendships and trust take time. Each time you visit Colonial Lodge Retirement Community, you’ll witness your volunteerism efforts blossom.
Here are just a few things you can do while volunteering:
• Write letters for residents
• Plant a tree and watch it grow
• Give the resident a manicure
• Label unmarked clothing
• If you play an instrument, play it for the resident
• Eat lunch with a resident (facility food or bring your own)
• Go for a walk with a resident
• Play a simple game of cards or board game
• Bring in pets
• Bring in children
• Go to a park, feed the ducks, etc.
• Talk about the “good ol’ days”
• Mend torn clothing
• Do a puzzle
• Have tea/coffee and a snack with the resident
• Bring in home-baked goods if the residents can eat them
• Help get the residents to the dining room
• Bring in the Sunday School Class or Scouts to sing or do skits
Our Photo Album shows just a few examples of volunteers in action.